This is the ultimate ESEE/Rowen experience. Day one will be a guided tour of the Rowen Manufacturing facility in Idaho Falls, Idaho where ESEE Knives are made. After the tour you will be able to choose a knife and assemble it yourself at the factory. After your knife is complete, the Rowen and ESEE team will autograph the box so you have a lasting memory of this experience. Then it’s off to the mountains for 3 days of camping and learning bushcraft / survival skills with ESEE/RAT instructors.
- Tool safety and use (Knife/axe/saw)
- Firemaking (ferro rod, bowdrill, hand drill, flint and steel)
- Camp cooking setups
- Primitive shelters
- Net making
- Camp tool construction
- And much more…
- Fixed blade knife
- Ferro rod
- Clothes suitable for the weather
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Water container (fresh water will be provided – no need for purification device)
- Tent or hammock setup
- Sleeping bag or wool blanket
- Anything else you need to be comfortable in the woods
We will pick up food / snacks before heading into mountains. If you will be flying, the nearest airport is Idaho Falls. Please do not purchase airfare until 45 days in advance of this class just in case we have to cancel for some reason. This class does not require excessive physical exertion. If you have camped before then you are well qualified to take this course.
Contact Patrick Rollins with any questions.